"How do I redeem my DIGITAL EPISODE rewards?"
Never used the Gizmoplex or VHX before? Need a little extra help? Here's your step-by-step illustrated guide to redeeming your digital episodes in the Gizmoplex to stream or download. It's easy!
Let's start at the beginning:
1. You'll get an email letting you know that new digital rewards are available.
The email will be sent to whatever address is linked to your BackerKit reward survey, and will come from email@example.com. It should look something like this:
If you don't see it, search for that address in your mail: it might be caught in junk mail. And, if that doesn't work, you can always have the email sent again by providing the email address for your pledge here.
2. Click the link in the email to log into BackerKit.
Once you follow the link, your web browser will open to your personal Digital Downloads page on BackerKit, which should look something like this:
All of your available digital rewards will be listed on this page, including any DIGITAL EPISODE rewards. Next to each listed reward, you'll see instructions on how to download or claim that specific reward.
3. Copy your unique reward link into a web browser.
For some reason, BackerKit doesn't make these unique links clickable, so you'll need to copy-and-paste yours into a web browser to redeem each of your digital reward codes. Once you do, you should see something like this:
4A. If you have an existing VHX account, log in first.
Now, even if you do have a VHX account from our Season 11 Kickstarter, or our Season 12 Pledge Drive, we know it's probably been a while since you last used it. But if you did get digital episode rewards from us in the past, and you remember streaming or downloading them, it means you did set up a VHX account, so click the LOG IN link at the top of the page.
- If you don't remember your password, you can click Forgot your password? to have it reset.
- If you don't remember what email address you used in the past, that's trickier.
- It might not be the email address you use now – it could have been what you were using in 2017 or 2018, when we last used VHX to distribute digital episode rewards. So, if you used a different address back then, try that too.
- If you can't figure out what email you used in the past, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your full name, current email address, and any details that might help us locate your original pledge.
- Our support team will do their best to help find your previous account.
4B. If you don't have a VHX account, enter your email and password to create one.
Please be sure to use an email address you check often, since VHX will send you email updates whenever we add new content and episodes to your personal collection.
5. Click the REDEEM NOW button to claim your digital episodes!
Once you do, you'll see a confirmation screen that looks something like this:
You should also receive an email that looks something like this:
Be sure to save this email somewhere that you can find it again later, since that "Start watching" button will always help you return to your personal video collection and start watching!
6. Click START WATCHING to view your new digital episodes on VHX.
When you click the Start Watching button in your confirmation email or in your web browser, you'll be taken to a page where you can see all of the digital episodes that you just claimed. That should look something like this:
7. Click START WATCHING to start at the beginning, or a specific episode.
Once you select an episode to watch, it will start playing in your web browser, and will look something like this:
If you prefer to download the episode to your computer or phone, you can! Just click the button that says VIDEO DOWNLOADS below the title of the movie, and you can choose from all available resolutions and file sizes: