"How do I claim BACKER STATUS in the MST3K forums?"
Want to be designated as an official #MakeMoreMST3K Backer on the MST3K Discourse forums? Here's how.
If you've set up an account to use the MST3K Forums, you might have noticed that a lot of users have a special designation next to their name when they post, showing that they backed the Kickstarter, like this:
If you backed the Kickstarter, or made a late pledge on BackerKit, you can get this status as well!
HOW TO UNLOCK "BACKER STATUS" ON THE FORUMS
- Make sure you have registered an account and can log into the MST3K forums.
- Go to your preferences to check the email address you are using.
- If you HAVEN'T completed your BackerKit survey:
- Do that first. (Here's how.)
- If you HAVE completed your BackerKit survey:
- Follow these instructions.
- Double-check your answers to make sure you provided the correct email address as the answer to this question:
- If you asked for BACKER STATUS, and provided the same email address listed in Step 2 (above), you're all set!
- We update the forums monthly to grant "Backer Status" to everyone who requested it.
- If you followed these instructions and still don't have Backer Status – or if you had Backer Status and it is now missing – please go here.
HOW TO "ACTIVATE" YOUR BACKER STATUS
Once you've received BACKER status, you still need to choose to "turn it on."
- Log into the MST3K forums and go to your account settings.
- You'll see a set of options that look like this:
- Make sure you've selected "Backer" from the Title menu, "backers2021" from the Flair menu, and "Backer" as your Primary Group, and then click "Save Changes".
- The "Backer" title and green "K" badge should now appear on all of your posts!